Mercury by J. Guernsey Mitchell
||Aquaduct Street, Between Main and Broad Streets
Rochester, NY (view Google map)
||21 Feet Tall
Description: Messenger on top of the Aquaduct Building
Caption: Mercury is owned by the City of Rochester, loaned to Lawyers Co-op Publishing Company.
William S. Kimball commissioned the sculpture to adorn the chimney of his new tobacco factory in 1881. Mercury now hovers above the Lawyers Cooperative Publishing Company, restored after 21 years in storage, to its historic place on the Rochester skyline.